Sunday 8 March 2015

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

I am not preaching today, so I thought I would share a few fun things about myself.


  1. I come from a family of 7, two girls and five boys.
  2. My favourite meal: Corned beef & cabbage. Second place: meatloaf
  3. I flunked archery in high school phys. ed. I passed the theoretical part (which I think involved remembering not to point the bow at anyone). I failed the practical part. Badly.
  4. I was a baseball umpire for several years in high school and university.  Sometimes the power went to my head. I did enjoy throwing people out of games.
  5. I finished third in the school oratorical contest in grade 12 about being an umpire. I still have the trophy. Best part: I beat my brother (who is pretty great at most things academically).
  6. Took the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test) twice. That didn’t work out well, which is why I am a minister today, and not a pharmacist.
  7. I preached my first sermon when I was 21. It was on Cain and Abel.
  8. I did a pretty good impression of a Southern Gospel preacher in seminary.  I still feel twinges of guilt about that.
  9. My library currently has 2830 volumes.
  10. My idea of the perfect moment: a volume of John Calvin, the music of Bach and a glass of 16 year old Lagavulin (or a 10 year old Talisker). Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment