Monday 5 February 2018

My Recent Preaching History

I have recently filled a memory stick with recordings of my sermons from July 2009 to December 2017. I was filled with nostalgia as I remembered some of the sermon series I have preached in that time. I was minster at two different pastoral charges: Newsom in Glace Bay, NS until December 2012, then Hartland-Jacksonville in rural New Brunswick since then. When the sermons begin I was unmarried, but I was starting to send my sermon recordings to a certain young lady on Grand Manan who would become my wife in 2010. My preaching didn't dissuade her from marrying me, at least.

So what have I preached? I have been dedicated mostly to preaching through various portions of Scripture. I have preached completely through the books of 1 Samuel, Amos, Zephaniah, Matthew, Ephesians, 1-2 Thessalonians and James. I have preached the Abraham Cycle (Gen 12-22), Isaiah's Messianic Prophecies, Songs of Nativity (Luke 1-2), John's I am statements, 1Corinthians 15 and The Seven Churches of Revelation 2-3. To this is added series on Christ the King and the Apostles' Creed, as well as sermons from the church and secular year.The drive also contains a collection of guest preaching assignments at churches of various denominations: United, Anglican, Wesleyan, Baptist.

I have also included my current unfinished sermon series on the book of Acts (includes ch.1-9) and my annual summer series on the Psalms (includes Psalms 12-84).

Some statistics.
Total sermons: 597
Average length: 17 min, 45 sec
Shortest sermon: Christmas Eve 2012 6:13 (Last sermon at Newsom United)
Longest sermon: Testimony at Hartland Wesleyan June 2016 33:05

No comments:

Post a Comment