Wednesday 18 February 2015

Cruxifusion

My earlier post on collegiality has me thinking about the other major source of professional (how I hate that word) support in my life and work: Cruxifusion.

Cruxifusion is a group of United Church ministers who are committed to "supporting, inspiring and connecting Christ-centred leaders" in the United Church of Canada. As you may guess that phrase Christ-centred is rather broad, and the group welcomes clergy from all over the theological spectrum who share a passion for the work of Jesus. I am currently on the board of Cruxifusion, and serve as its secretary.

For me, Cruxifusion is a place where I feel comfortable expressing my orthodox beliefs, without any sense of judgment. In many ways, you could probably say that Cruxifusion has kept me in the United Church. These brothers and sisters in the faith have been a support over vast distances, able to hear my growing frustrations, and able to offer a kind word in an e-mail or Facebook message.

Cruxifusion is also about hope. Hope in the United Church, yes, but that is only a small part of it. It is about the hope that past generations have had, which established for us a firm foundation. It is about hope in the power of prayer which has brought us to this point and will continue to sustain us. But mostly, it is about hope in the saving message of Jesus Christ. That is the message that has saved me, and it is the message that will save the Church.

Cruxifusion is planning its third annual conference April 27-29, 2015. Check them out at their webpage, http://cruxifusion.ca/


No comments:

Post a Comment